Saturday, November 15, 2008

A night at the hospital

Yesterday I took Jamen to the doctor. I was a little worried because he was still losing weight and looking yellow. When the pediatrician
saw him, I could tell by the look on her face she was freaked out. She immediatly sent me over to the hospital to have blood work done on Jamen. His biliruben(?) points were about 20, and she admitted him to the hospital.He was also dehydrated, and still a pound down from his birth weight. We spent about 24 hours there with him. They tested his blood again this morning and his points were down to 15. She let us go home, even though they are still high(normal is about 6) and I will take him back on Monday morning. Hopefully his points continue to fall.

2 comments:

arah said...

I'm glad he's home. That is too bad. The hospital stays are so boring for the parents. Sarah's are up too. She was at 19.8 yesterday, but we didn't have to go to the hospital, thank goodness. She is still yellow, but it's getting better. She had her foot poked everday for the first five days. Lovely.
oh, and i'm sorry I didn't answer the phone the other day. i didn't really answer for anyone. I was WAY too emotional. Thank you for thinking of us!

Heather B said...

Wow. I'm sorry that happened! Yikes. We'll pray for him. In the meantime, pump him full of fluids like crazy, it'll flush him out and help him tons. And thank you for the kind things you said on Megan's blog, and for your prayers for them. You are such a good friend.